Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Eye of the Beholder

Yesterday my 6yo daughter ran and grabbed me in a panic and pulled me into the washroom.  She positioned herself in front of the mirror and pointed to her eye, expressing concern that there was darkness under it.

"Oh, those are called dark circles.", I explained.  "You get those when you don't get enough sleep.  I haven't had enough sleep since you were born, and look at MY dark circles!"

She just stared at me with great concern.

Later, my daughter was in front of a mirror again, pondering what she might look like when she's grown up.

"I'm sure you'll be as beautiful as you are now", I offered.

Pleased with this response, she put on a big smile, which suddenly dropped as she looked over at me and said, "Uhhmmmm, ok, but I'm going to make sure that I get more sleep than you're getting."

3 comments:

  1. LOL don't have kids ;)
    My 2yo has had the stomach flu twice this winter. Both times my 7yo has run around me while I try to clean/contain the mess and he tells me "THIS is why I am never getting married!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's funny...
    I find Lulu gets really dark circles under her eyes when she's under the weather too.
    fortunately for us that isn't at the present moment for a change.

    ReplyDelete