Friday, May 3, 2013

Attention K-Mart Shoppers

The theme party that I'll be attending this upcoming week-end has got me thinking.  I kind of feel that the 'people of Walmart' are getting a bit of a raw deal. Should our focus only be on those shoppers?  Is it just because that Target customers have no devoted web page that we never make fun of the folks over there?  I think so!  We've got an entire untapped market here to mock.

As a Canadian, I hadn't really given much thought to Target shoppers.  The chain only infiltrated Canada a couple of months ago,  so we are still at the novelty stage.  My local Store took the place of Zellers, which I always likened to Walmart, but without staff.  And without customers.  And without inventory for that matter.  So clearly I was happy for the change.

On my inaugural trip to this store, I found myself in line to pay when I heard an obnoxious woman behind me.  "NO DIVIDERS?????", spoke the boisterous, smokers voice that belonged to the next person in line.  "A 13 MILLION DOLLAR STORE AND YOU DON'T HAVE ANY DIVIDERS????"

She was referring to the dividers for the conveyor belts at the cash that separate one's order from the next person's.  My order was already bagged, and there was no one behind her, so I'm not quite sure what all the fuss was about, but this woman was just livid.  Then she made a failed attempt  to catch my eye to form some sort of bond with me where I would validate her rage.

"FINE!", she screamed, as I made a 'holy crap' face while entering my PIN number, pretending that she wasn't there.

The next thing I knew, the woman had taken a large handful of gift cards off of the display by the cash, and lined them up on the conveyor belt in place of an obviously 'critical' divider.

I shot the cashier a sympathetic look as I picked up my bags.  As she handed me my receipt, she put on a fake plastic smile, and through her teeth whispered, "Don't leave me!!!!!"


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Clearly someone once got chocolate in this woman's peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that anything like "No Wire Hangers" from the Joan Crawford Days? LOL

    ReplyDelete